My kids LOVE flashlights. In fact, I think most kids love flashlights. They have control of this tiny little light that they can hold in their hand. With my daughter starting kindergarten next year, I thought it was time to step up my game and make she knows her letters. So we starting playing a game I like to call Flashlight Letter Game. It is as simple as it sounds.
Since I have at least six decks of Alphabet flash cards, I use these. If you do not have a plethora of flashcards just simple write the letters on cardstock, big enough for see from a short distance.
- Set up the game.
- If your child is just learning their letters use just one letter.
- If your child knows at least a few letters mix it up with 3-4 different letters.
- Have your child leave the room and place the cards around the room for them to find.
- Turn off the light.
- Get your child and tell them what letter they are to find.
- Give your kids a flashlight and let them enter the dark room. (Our room was not very dark but they still had fun.)
- Find letters.
Everytime we play this game the kids have a blast and want to do it over and over again. So grab your flashlight and have fun!
Written by Jamie Jackson